CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

 Monday morning I had a lot of running around to do. Rob and I went to the grocery store and he had been so good all day and was so excited when he saw this ball...it was only .98 cents so I didn't mind buying it for him!
 He now takes off and goes where ever he wants in the yard. He is getting pretty fast!

 On mothers day at church the nursery workers did all of the little kids hand prints and gave us this little poem. I love his chubby little hands! The ladies in the nursery said he cried because they got his hand covered in paint and he was fine once they washed it all off! :)
 Monday night Rob and I went to watch wade play softball...but he didn't watch!  He loved the little pebbles every where. At times he was laying flat on his stomach scooting himself around!
 Monday night we drove down with wade to Indiana where he was working for the week. We got to stay with him for 2 nights which was SO nice! He has been going out of town a lot lately and Rob loved the extra time with his daddy.
 He was bored! :)
 Rob and I would hang out in the room or at the mall during the day and then spent time with wade when he was done working. He was so excited to go swimming with wade!

 Wade would push him around the pool like this and he loved it!
 After a fun night of swimming we went to dinner and then walked around the mall for a little while...it doesn't take much for his daddy to buy him a sucker! :)
 This morning was our last time at the hotel before we went home. Rob sat and watched cartoons while I packed. I think he really loved having a tv in the room.
 When we got home he decided to unpack the suit case for me...and then he fell in! :) This is him trying to get out...I did not get the camera out fast enough to get a picture of him completely stuck in there.
I know this may be a weird picture to you but Rob fell asleep on my bed and I had to take it. Lately I just sit and stare at him while he is sleeping and I just can't believe how big he is getting!! He is not a baby anymore(but he will ALWAYS be my baby)! I laugh looking back at how excited we were when Rob would do something new and we couldn't wait for him to crawl or walk. Now I look at him and I want him to stop growing! It is going by so fast!!! We are so thankful for the healthy little boy God gave us!
 On Sunday for Mother's day pastor taught on the heart of a mother. It was a great reminder of what our priorities should be and how great of an influence mothers have on their children. I can try my hardest to teach Rob new things. The greatest way I can teach him is by example! He is young, but he watches Everything I do and sometimes copies me. I am so thankful that God shows us through his word what we should be doing and for the mothers he gave us that we can always turn to for advice. We are so thankful that God has even allowed us to have children and that Rob is healthy. I would love for Rob to grow up and excel at many things but the greatest of all would be to see him accept Christ one day and live his life for him! I am so thankful for the reminder of how I should be living my life so that it is an example to him and I am not just telling him, but showing him.
Here is a little poem our pastor shared on sunday.


Little Eyes Upon You.


There are little eyes upon you
and they're watching night and day.
There are little ears that quickly
take in every word you say.

There are little hands all eager
to do anything you do;
and a little boy who's dreaming
of the day he'll be like you.

You're the little fellow's idol,
you're the wisest of the wise.
In his little mind about you
no suspicions ever rise.

He believes in you devoutly,
holds all you say and do;
He will say and do in your way
when he's all grown up like you.

There's a wide-eyed little fellow
who believes you're always right,
and his eyes are always opened,
and he watches day and night.

You are setting an example
every day in all you do
so you should be aware that,
he will grow up to be like you!


Author unknown.

0 comments:

Post a Comment